Knights Hockey Club Registration
The Knights Hockey Club registration for the 2023/2024 season will open June 15, 2023!
The email address that you list as the players email will be used as our main point of contact email for your family. All communication will be sent to this email address. Please do not use an address that is not monitored daily. If you have used TeamSnap in past seasons, use the same email address to register.
HOCKEY CANADA-HOCKEY ID
You will not be able to register without your players Hockey Canada ID#. Click on this link for a "how to" on locating your Hockey Canada ID#: Locating your Hockey Canada ID
SET UP YOUR SPORTLE ACCOUNT
Set up your Hockey Canada Sportle account to: access your Hockey Canada ID, update your contact information, view your coaching credentials, see your team history. Click the link to create your HC Sportle Account - CREATE A SPORTLE ACCOUNT
RESPECT IN SPORT
If you are new to hockey you must first take the "Respect In Sport - Parent Edition (RIS)" online course before you can register online with the Knights. The fee for this course is $12.00. Choose "KNIGHTS" as your hockey association. This course expires after 4 years. Courses completed in the 2019-2020 season expired May 1, 2023. Families that do not have this course will be unable to register online. The Respect in Sport – Parent Edition can be found here: RESPECT IN SPORT FOR PARENTS
HOCKEY CANADA POSITION
You will be asked to select your players position. Select either forward, defence or goalie. This answer is only applicable to U11 goalies, and the U13 to U18 age groups. Answers for all other players will be disregarded.
FOR PLAYERS TRYING OUT FOR QUADRANT HOCKEY (BUFFALOES)
Players trying out for quadrant hockey are required to register with their home association as well as the Calgary Buffaloes. If you do not register with the Knights, we can not guarantee that a spot will be held for the player. Select YES in response to the quadrant tryout question at checkout. You will be required to pay a $500 deposit when you register. If the player returns to play for the Knights, the remaining fees are due prior to their first ice time. Please contact the office at email@example.com to make arrangements to pay your fees. If the player does not attend any Knights evaluations and does not return to the Knights, the $500 will be refunded in full.
PLAYERS NEW TO HOCKEY
- Complete the Respect in Sport for Parents online course - CLICK HERE. This course costs $12, takes about an hour to complete and is valid for 4 years. Please be sure to select KNIGHTS HOCKEY CLUB as the association (not Calgary). Once you've completed the course, a Hockey Canada ID will be issued to your player. You will need this number to register.
- Complete the Knights Hockey online registration form (links are above)
- Send your players proof of residency (Enmax bill works well) and proof of age (birth certificate) to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your registration.
PLAYERS TRANSFERRING FROM ANOTHER HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
Players transferring to the Knights Hockey Club from another hockey association will need to have the players Hockey Canada Profile transferred over to the Knights before you can register with us. Send the following documents to email@example.com to request the transfer:
- Completed Parent Declaration Form
- TWO proofs of residency (accepted forms are listed on page 2 of the parent declaration.
- Proof of players age (birth certificate, passport or health card)
This is a new position being offered to U11 players only. Details can be found here: HYBRID GOALIE PROGRAM. U11 players can select hybrid goalie at registration.
Knights Hockey Club will be offering a House League program to U9 and U11 age groups. More information about house league can be found on the Knights Website soon.
Knights Hockey Club will once again be offering our Squires program for 3 & 4 year old players born in 2019 & 2020. More information about the Squires program can be found here - SQUIRES
The player medical form will be completed at the time of registration and uploaded into your player profile. You can not register until this step is completed. Medical forms are kept confidential and can only be seen by the Administrator, the Team Manager, and the Head Coach. 2 options for uploading your players medical form:
- Complete the fillable PDF online, SAVE it to your computer and UPLOAD the saved document.
- Print off the PDF, fill it out and UPLOAD either a scan or picture of the document.
Knights and Hockey Calgary waivers, acknowledgement of policies and consent will be required during the registration process and will need a digital signature; the system will prompt you to type a name it is expecting – copy it exactly.
The purpose of the Knights Volunteer Bond Program is to encourage all KHC members to become actively involved in the operation and success of the Association. The volunteer bond will be in place for the 2023/2024 season. Details will be sent out prior to the start of the season.
REGISTRATION FEES: Registration fees can be paid by either credit card or Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD).
|Birth Year||Program||June 15 - July 31||Aug 1 - close|
|2015-2016||U9 House League||$775||$925 - Late fee starts Sept 1, 2022|
|2013-2014||U11 House League||$775||$925 - Late fee starts Sept 1, 2022|
Registration will be denied for players who have outstanding fees from previous seasons or who have been deemed members not in good standing. A member in good standing is defined as a member who is regarded as having complied with all their explicit obligations, while not being subject to any form of sanction, suspension, or disciplinary censure.
If paying by credit card, select “Credit Card” as the payment option at check out.
Credit card transaction fees will be charged to the cardholder.
Payment can be made in full at the time of registration or payment plan can be selected
- Payments are divided into 5 equal payments.
- 1st payment is due at registration
- Subsequent payment dates are: Aug 1, Sept 1, Oct 1, Nov 1
- Be sure to click ON the installment option under the credit card info on the payment page.
If paying by PAD (pre authorized debit), select “Offline Payment” as the payment option at check out. By selecting this option, you agree to pay your fees by PAD.
- Payments processed on the 1st of each month
- Payment dates: Aug 1, Sept 1, Oct 1, Nov 1
- Number of payments is determined by registration date. If you register prior to Aug 1 then fees are divided into 4 equal payments.
A late fee of $150.00 is applied on August 16 so register early to get the lowest fee!
REFUND & WITHDRAWAL POLICY
There is a non-refundable administration fee of $25.00 applied to all player withdrawals prior to the start of player evaluations. Once evaluations have started, and prior to teams being established, 50% of the total registration fee will be refunded. No refunds will be provided after teams have been formed except for withdrawal due to medical reason or family relocation out of zone 9. In such cases, refunds will be pro-rated. Medical withdrawal requirements are outlined below:
• Medical certificate (on medical practice letterhead)
• Date of diagnosis
• Medical reason/recommendation for non-participation
• Printed name and signature of medical professional
• The refund will be prorated based on the date of diagnosis
Once a medical refund has been given, the player will be removed from the official roster and will no longer be allowed to participate in team activities. The roster spot will now be considered vacant and could be filled by a new player registration.
No refunds will be issued for suspended players.
Notice of withdrawals will only be accepted via email to the Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. The date and time stamp of the email will be used to determine eligibility and what refund scenario is applicable.
Families Needing Financial Assistance
Flames Even Strength Program
The Flames Even Strength Program (FESP) is administered through Hockey Calgary. The FESP online application can be found here: https://www.hockeycalgary.ca/registration/flames-even-strength-program. If you are applying for FESP (player subsidy), select YES in response to the FESP question at checkout. The full subsidy amount ($700) will be subtracted from your fees. The remaining balance, if applicable, can be paid in installments.
KHC uKnighted Fund
The uKnighted Fund provides financial support in the form of registration fee support and cash call support to Knights Hockey Club families facing financial challenges or obstacles. uKnighted Fund applications and information can be found here: uKnighted Fund.
Hockey Canada Assist
The Hockey Canada Foundation Assist Fund is a fund dedicated to help Canadian youth access hockey. It will provide up to $500 per player in registration fee subsidies to approved applicants registered with a sanctioned Hockey Canada association. Click here to apply: HOCKEY CANADA ASSIST.
Let's Talk Coach - NEW THIS SEASON!
Our Let's Talk Coach Program focuses on team communication. By filling out the Player Profile google doc, you can assist your player's coach with how best to communicate and motivate your player! Please take a few minutes to complete your player profile - Let's Talk Coach Player Profile.
If you are interested in coaching (as a head coach, assistant coach or goalie coach) for the 2022 / 2023 season, you must complete the online coaching application here: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/319769.
To coach in Knights Hockey Club, coaches must meet the coaching certification requirements. Information regarding coaching requirements can be found here: COACH CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Reimbursement of coach courses is based on the team's need for reaching the minimum certification required by Hockey Calgary. Once you have completed the course, submit a copy of your receipt and proof of attendance to email@example.com.
All coaches must complete the following prior to the start of the season:
- The online Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders course. The cost is reimbursable on paid receipts and proof of completion being submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. This certification must be renewed every 4 years.
- Police Information Check (Criminal Record Search) through the Calgary Police Service. Police Information Checks (PIC's) require renewal every 3 years. Don't have a PIC or yours is expired? CLICK HERE to download and complete the letter that you will need to have the PIC done (fill in the date and name fields, and save to your computer). Then go to this link and follow the steps https://policeinformationcheck.calgarypolice.ca/. Enter KNIGHTS HOCKEY CLUB as the agency. It will take a few weeks to get your results but please be sure to press the SHARE button when you get them so that we receive a copy.