Parent Expectations During Evaluations
- We have instituted a no spectator policy for the KHC player placement program for the U9 to U18 age groups. We ask that parents respect this policy and do not attempt to enter the ice surface area during the player placement skates.
- Any spectator issues arising will be sent to VP of Safety and Governance for review.
- Read all communication distributed by the Evaluation Team and The Knights Hockey Club. Attend the mandatory Evaluation Town Hall.
- Ensure you and your player understand the process. Evaluations personnel will be available at the facility to answer any questions.
- Practice propert sports etiquette and adhere to the principles outlined in Respect in Sport. Each family is required to have a complete update RIS certificate.
- Abide by any special facility guidelines regarding pre and post ice time process and parent attendance.
- DO NOT approach evaluators with questions about rankings or marks. Evaluation information is kept confidential. Should you have questions, please contact your Division Age Group Coordinators. Performance testing results will be made available by request.
- Assist your player in being prepared. Ensure your player is at the rink 30 minutes before their scheduled ice time and ready 5 minutes before their ice time. This will give on-ice instructors and age group coordinators the chance to explain the session to the players. Additionally, performance testing demonstration videos will be available at knightshc.ca and on our social media prior to the
commencement of evaluation.
- Check equipment fits properly, and skates are sharpened before their session. Kids change sizes over the summer and their safety is important.
- Stay positive and support your player through the process. They will perform at their best when stress is lower.
Due to the no spectator policy, KHC will have LIVEBARN available for viewing during the placement program. If there is a placement review requested, no video from live barn will be allowed to be submitted or reviewed.
As per the Knights Hockey Club Electronic Device Policy, no photos or video inside the players dressing room are permitted. Photos of sign in sheets is prohibited.